Be prepared for an adventure when you enter a coaching relationship! The true work really is about you unraveling your external self and looking within to see who you really are and what you really desire. The rewards are great if you are willing to lean in and take ownership of your goals and the work involved to achieve them. You can truly transform your life at the deepest levels of your existence.
Together we will work toward a positive and successful adventure for both of us. You, as client, are captain of your ship, which means this IS ABOUT YOU, YOUR GOALS and YOUR DESIRED OUTCOMES. My role is to be fully present, hold the space for you to do your work and impart no judgment. I will bring the best of my abilities on board and come with a toolbox to load and use upon the journey.
Sessions are conducted in confidence and held by telephone or in a secure video conferencing environment. Recordings of the sessions are available upon request. All information within the sessions is held with the highest respect for you and our special relationship.
Frequently Asked Questions About Coaching
Click on the question to open the answer
What Is Coaching?
Coaching is both a process and a language where coach and client partner together in a thought-provoking and respectful way that inspires the client to maximize their personal and professional potential.
My clients are the experts of themselves and they are creative, resourceful and whole. Coaching is a mere catalyst to the creative process. Working together, quantum leaps can occur in your outlook on life and work while unleashing your potential that was hidden from view.
Coaching creates a confidential, safe and nonjudgmental space for the partnership. The coach holds that space open for the client while serving as guide and cheerleader for client’s self-discovery that lies deep within. It is all about you as client – it begins with you and ends with you as does the overall accountability and responsibility for moving toward your coaching goals.
How can you determine if coaching is right for you?
If you can identify with some or all of the below, coaching may be right for you.
- Something is tugging at you, calling to you to make significant change and you are ready to explore what this means to you and your life and work.
- You know your goals but find yourself repeatedly challenged and possibly blocked in your attempts to reach those goals.
- You prefer a process that includes a partner who collaborates, provides other points of view, challenges and cheerleads along the path.
- You are ready to devote the time and resources to making significant changes in order to live the life you desire.
How do I get started?
If you are ready to learn more, let’s schedule a free session where we can informally discuss your coaching needs and our expectations for the coaching relationship. You can [Click here] to contact me.
To gain the most from this free session, be ready to share dialog around the questions below:
- What has you interested in hiring a coach at this time?
- What do you wish to accomplish in coaching?
- Have you been coached before? What was beneficial and what would you like to have different from that past experience?
- What encouraged you to connect with me as a coach?
- What are your expectations for the relationship?
- How will you evaluate your success in coaching?
- What would you like to ask me, as an individual and as a coach?
Ready to schedule an informal chat? [Click here]
How long does a coach work with an individual?
Clients wanting to work with me will book an initial 1 ½ to 2 hr. in-depth session with me. We will do a deep dive into information you provide to me in advance of the session and this session forms the basis of our relationship thereafter. It is a great way for the client to test drive the partnership.
Change is an iterative process, requiring time to: 1) identify what no longer serves the client, 2) building new habits and 3) creating behaviors to support the goals chosen once attained. While short-term surface changes are possible in coaching, my coaching engagements typically start with a 3-month commitment from my clients.
What coaching is NOT?
Coaching does not:
- Offer advice or generate solutions – We are not in a consulting role
- Train you – We do not here to teach you step by step to reach your goals
- Provide therapy – We work with those who are healthy and capable
- Serve as the expert – We view you as the expert; our expertise is with the coaching process and its language to guide you
Focus on the coach – We are 100% devoted to the client’s goals and progress